What is Sjögren’s Syndrome?
Sjögren’s is an autoimmune disease that wreaks havoc on your immune system. One of the major symptoms of the disease is a dry mouth, the result of attacks on your saliva glands. As saliva plays a pivotal role in speaking, swallowing, and eating, having a dry mouth can be highly problematic. This issue does not only affect those with Sjögren’s, so today’s episode applies to everyone. In this show, Dr. B. unpacks the issue of dry mouth and resultant oral thrush. He also provides some actionable steps you can take, along with products you can use if you suffer from these conditions. Tune in to hear it all!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Hear about what Sjögren’s syndrome is
- Insights into what causes a dry mouth and the adverse side effects of the condition
- What to do about dry mouth, one major symptom of Sjögren’s
- Things to add to your regimen to help with the demineralization of your teeth
- Some things to do to deal with the candida if you have it
- Biotene, the artificial saliva product, can help if you have extreme dry mouth
How to Submit Your Question:
Record your question for Dr. B at speakpipe.com/askthedentist
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Ask the Dentist
About Dr. Mark Burhenne
Follow Dr. B on Instagram @askthedentist
Follow Dr. B on Twitter @askthedentist
Ask Dr. B a Question
Functional Dentist Directory
Dry Mouth: Consequences, Causes, and Treatments
The post What is Sjögren’s Syndrome? appeared first on Ask the Dentist.
Did you miss our previous article…